Tuesday 6 January 2009

Back to work!

Yesterday was the first day back in the office and it was very cold indeed, it will take the old mill where I work a few days to warm up again I expect.

The 'Woolworths' film I knocked up on Youtube is doing well. Now the top film when you type in 'Woolworths last day' in search. I changed the thumbnail and added details from the Woolworths Wikipedia page and that seemed to make a difference to visitor numbers.
I have had a few nice responses from staff who have captured the atmosphere within the stores on video phones very well, from their photo montages where you get a real sense of community, to video clips just showing staff messing around and having a laugh, doing stuff like the 'Cha Cha Slide' and racing round in trollies despite the stores still being open to customers.
I suppose its a final two fingers up to the Woolworths managers who let the business get in such a state. It is weird to think that 800 different parts of the UK over the past week the exact same scene has been repeated- staff looking dazed and confused surrounded by empty shelves (all with 'sold' stickers on them- yep even the shelves and baskets have been sold off).
Its the redundant staff I feel sorry for more than the end of a much recognised brand.


No comments: