Saturday 3 January 2009

Woolworths final day of trading

I went to my local Woolworths in Stockport today to catch the final hours of the stores opening. The intention was to film something, so as it was a spur of the moment I just took my Sony cybershot. I felt the handheld roughness of the images would add to the chaos, and with some slomo edits and an emotional track from Mr Kevin MacLeod it seeems to have done the trick.

It was filmed around 1pm, edited by 4pm, and online and having its first 100 viewers by 5pm, so a four hour turnaround- the way it should be!

The film is here-
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_fBGhDEGvU8

Condolensces to all the staff from the stores, and shame on the big bosses who should have kept the business moving with the times.

Years ago I filmed in the big HMV store in Manchester city centre, but got caught! Turned out they thought I was sussing out the tills to do an armed robbery! Luckily they let me leave with the promise I would delete the footage- which of course I didn't as it went into my college video project!

1 comment:

gemmak said...

Good clip, catches the 'moment' well. Coincidentally we have some things in common...I know that Woolies, I used to live in Stockport and I have a history in broadcasting, albeit 'second hand'.